Clin Compliance & Onboard Rep
- Employment Type: Staff - Regular
- Employee Class: Salaried Full Time HSC
- Bargaining Unit: BU Exempt
- Shift: 1
- Work Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Hours Per Week: 40
- FTE: 1
- Location: HSC Hospital
- Department: Quality Management
- Number of Openings: 1
- Salary Range: $ 56,400.00 - 70,469.00, salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Grade: Salaried HSC - J106
- Float: N/A
- Rotate: N/A
- On Call: N/A
- Travel: N/A
- Weekend/Holiday: N/A
- Requisition ID: req2855
- Position Control Number (PCN): H92764
- Posting Period: open until filled
To promote the highest levels of health and well-being, the
University of Toledo campuses are tobacco-free. To further this effort, the University of Toledo Health Science Campus Medical
Center is requiring candidates for employment to be nicotine-free. Pre-employment health screening requirements
will include cotinine (nicotine) testing, as well as drug and other required
health screenings for the position. The employment offer is conditional upon
successful completion of a cotinine test and Occupational Health clearance.
The Clinical Compliance and Onboarding Representative is responsible for supporting The Joint Commission and other clinical accreditation standards compliance. Develops, implements, and monitors clinical compliance programs and assessment methods throughout the facility. Provides education and training on current and new accreditation standards, performs mock audits, employee orientation, and competency. This position interfaces with human resources staff regarding regulatory requirements and issues related to accreditation standards.
The position is responsible for the continuous development and improvement of onboarding processes for clinical and ambulatory services positions. Works closely with the Staff Development department to continually improve the transition of employees to provide a smooth entry into the institution and education on the institution’s mission, vision, policies, and standards. This position manages the clearance and onboarding of all clinical contractors prior to placement to meet regulatory requirements.
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Human Resources, Business Administration, Nursing, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
· Five (5) years’ experience with Joint Commission or other accreditation standards in an acute care setting, CMS certification, or state licensure requirements.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
· Must have transportation to be able to travel frequently between university campuses and other locations for meetings and work assignments.
· Ability to make evaluative judgments, investigate and analyze information, draw and present conclusions.
· Previous experience in policy and/or program development.
The position will work in an enclosed office setting with lighting and ventilation. Position will require sitting and computer use for long periods of time, also intermittent standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting. Position may require occasional evening and weekend work. Works in a professional office environment with possible high stress levels.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo, or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.