Director, Managed Care Contracting- Hospital Finance (Req3404)
- Employment Type: Staff - Regular
- Employee Class: Salaried Full Time HSC
- Bargaining Unit: BU Exempt
- Shift: 1
- Work Hours: 0800 - 0500
- Hours Per Week: 40
- FTE: 1
- Location: HSC Hospital
- Department: Hospital Finance
- Number of Openings: 1
- Salary Range: Salary to commensurate with education & experience
- Grade: Salaried HSC - J110
- Float: No
- Rotate: No
- On Call: No
- Travel: No
- Weekend/Holiday: No
- Requisition ID: req3404
- Position Control Number (PCN): H97453
- Posting Period: 06/16/2021 - open until filled
To promote the highest levels of health and well-being, the
University of Toledo campuses are tobacco-free. To further this effort, the University of Toledo Health Science Campus Medical
Center is requiring candidates for employment to be nicotine-free. Pre-employment health screening requirements
will include cotinine (nicotine) testing, as well as drug and other required
health screenings for the position. The employment offer is conditional upon
successful completion of a cotinine test and Occupational Health clearance.
The Director will be responsible for the strategic leadership, financial and administrative oversight of managed care contracting with commercial payers for the University of Toledo Medical Center (UTMC) and the University of Toledo Physicians (UTP). The primary objective of this position is to promote and improve the overall financial performance of UTMC and UTP by developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with commercial payers and effectively managing all aspects of the managed care contracting processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MHA or MBA preferred.
- Requires a minimum of seven years experience in health care or managed care industry.
- Significant knowledge of contractual, administrative, health insurance and operational issues related to managed care organizations, physician groups, hospitals and health insurance benefit plan design required.
- Experience in negotiating and performing financial analysis of commercial payer contracts required.
- Requires understanding of physician referral requirements, knowledge of managed care process, provider reimbursement and financial risk models, and utilization management procedures.
- Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills and strong analytical and financial abilities.
Works in a professional office environment with possible high stress levels
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo, or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.